Wednesday 8 April 2015

The sad and sorry truth.


Today I am writing 10 statements that prove I am retired.

  1. I am writing this post at 1:30 p.m. and I am still wearing my pyjamas…not such a terrible confession unless you know as I do, that I did not bother to change out of my pyjamas when I took my dogs for a walk this morning.   
  2. I am planning to cook dinner and serve it at no later than 4:45 p.m.
  3. I got up at at 6:45 this morning, so my day already feels like it is half over.
  4. Three times already today, I walked into the kitchen and three times I could not remember why, so three times today, so far, I have opened the cupboard and eaten a cookie while standing there, pondering the contents of the pantry.  In my defence, this behaviour is very similar to that of a teenager.
  5. I made the bed and cleaned the toilet for something to do.  'Nuff said.
  6. I watched the "Weather Network" for over an hour yesterday.
  7. In order to remember if I took my cholesterol pill, I have to actually say to my husband, as I am taking my pill…"Honey, I took my pill."
  8. Showers are no longer on my daily "to do" list.
  9. I no longer have a daily "to do" list.
  10. I hate driving in Charlottetown on the weekends.  
OMG, I may not just be retired, I may be "OLD".  

No comments:

Post a Comment