Today I am writing 10 statements that prove I am retired.
- I am writing this post at 1:30 p.m. and I am still wearing my pyjamas…not such a terrible confession unless you know as I do, that I did not bother to change out of my pyjamas when I took my dogs for a walk this morning.
- I am planning to cook dinner and serve it at no later than 4:45 p.m.
- I got up at at 6:45 this morning, so my day already feels like it is half over.
- Three times already today, I walked into the kitchen and three times I could not remember why, so three times today, so far, I have opened the cupboard and eaten a cookie while standing there, pondering the contents of the pantry. In my defence, this behaviour is very similar to that of a teenager.
- I made the bed and cleaned the toilet for something to do. 'Nuff said.
- I watched the "Weather Network" for over an hour yesterday.
- In order to remember if I took my cholesterol pill, I have to actually say to my husband, as I am taking my pill…"Honey, I took my pill."
- Showers are no longer on my daily "to do" list.
- I no longer have a daily "to do" list.
- I hate driving in Charlottetown on the weekends.
OMG, I may not just be retired, I may be "OLD".